CANR Dean Search
Michigan State University is conducting a search for the next dean of its College of Agriculture and Natural Resources. Please return to this web page for updates throughout the process.
Korn Ferry, a consulting firm, has been engaged to facilitate the search process.
Search Committee Chairs
- Mary Hausbeck, Committee Co-chair, University Distinguished Professor, Department of Plant, Soil and Microbial Sciences
- Prabu David, Committee Co-chair, Dean of the College of Communication Arts and Sciences
Search Committee Members
- Titus Awokuse, Professor, Department of Agricultural, Food and Resource Economics
- Luis Alonzo Garcia, Director, Migrant Student Services
- Emily Huff, Assistant Professor, Department of Forestry
- Janet Ireland, Research Assistant III, Department of Animal Science
- Ronald Iwaszkiewicz, Academic Specialist - Teacher Fixed Term, School of Packaging
- Ning Jiang, Professor, Horticulture
- Pedro Pablo Parra, Research Associate, Department of Plant, Soil and Microbial Sciences
- Diana Pacyga, Ph.D. Candidate and Graduate Research Assistant, Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition
- Grace Platte, Undergraduate Student, Department of Community Sustainability
- Luke Reese, Associate Professor, Department of Biosystems and Agricultural Engineering
- Jeannine Schweihofer, Senior Educator, MSU Extension; Associate Adjunct Professor, Department of Animal Science
- Jeffrey Swada, Associate Professor, Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition
- Scott Swinton, Chairperson and University Distinguished Professor, Department of Agricultural, Food and Resource Economics
- Michael Wagner, Associate Professor, Department of Fisheries and Wildlife
Non-Voting Search Committee Members
- John Paskus, Teaching Specialist, Department of Community Sustainability
- Sheila Burkhardt, Senior Director, Member and Government Relations, Michigan Milk Producers Association
- Suzanne Lang, Associate Provost and Associate Vice President, Faculty and Academic Staff Affairs
- Scott Loveridge, Assistant Dean for Faculty Affairs and Development, Professor, Department of Agricultural, Food and Resource Economics
Meet Our Interim Dean
Dr. Kelly F. Millenbah was named interim dean of the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources on July 1, 2021.
The College of Agriculture and Natural Resources (CANR) is made up of 12 academic departments and schools, the Institute of Agricultural Technology (IAT), MSU Extension and MSU AgBioResearch. In concert with the MSU College of Natural Sciences, CANR also co-manages the Kellogg Biological Station, a year-round teaching, research and outreach campus.
Questions about the CANR Dean Search can be submitted to the Provost’s Office.
Questions for Korn Ferry may be directed to Paul Chou and Rosa Morris at email@example.com.