Beef Quality Assurance
The Beef Quality Assurance program provides guidelines for beef cattle production and outlines how to increase consumer confidence through proper management techniques and a commitment to quality. There is an online program for training in several key areas in beef production – cow-calf, stocker, feedyard, dairy, and transportation. The modules are available in English and Spanish, and topics covered include animal husbandry, animal welfare, environmental stewardship and food safety practices..
BQA certification is available in Michigan through the national online training and certification program housed at www.bqa.org. Online training and certification is free.
The MSU Beef Team offers periodical face-to-face certification/recertification trainings. Click the button below or to get notifications, subscribe here: https://www.canr.msu.edu/outreach/ for the "beef production" MSU Extension Newsletter.
- Beef Quality Assurance [NCBA]
- BQA Resources Farm Assessments
- BQA Manuals
- National Dairy Farmers Assuring Responsible Management (FARM) Program
- Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (YQCA)
- Cattle health record
- Processing map
- Treatment record for individual cattle
- Individual processing record print spreadsheet
- Mass medication pen record
- Group processing record print spreadsheet
- Premise pesticide use record
- Mass medication in feed group/pen record