CANR provides rankings on department, unit initiatives around DEI
The College of Agriculture and Natural Resources recognizes diversity, equity and inclusion efforts by departments and units during the 2019-2020 academic year through a new badge ranking.
The College of Agriculture and Natural Resources and Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are pleased to announce the first Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Badge Awards recipients. Units and departments within CANR were encouraged to submit their Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives from the 2019-2020 year for this distinct honor.
“This is a unique way to highlight and show appreciation to the amazing efforts of our respective units, departments and schools in CANR,” said Quentin Tyler, associate dean and director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the CANR. “We look forward to continued recognition, learning from each other’s efforts, and building toward inclusive excellence. Thank you to all that submitted efforts and congratulations on receipt of your badges.”
Annually diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) efforts in the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources and MSU Extension are gathered, scored based on criteria developed by members of the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee and College Advisory Committee and then are grouped into three categories: Platinum, Gold and Green, with Platinum being the highest level of achievement. (See more on the DEI Badge Project and process.)
DEI Badge Awards
Platinum badge awards went to:
Gold badge awards went to:
- ANR Communications and Marketing.
- Department of Biosystems and Agricultural Engineering.
- Center for Regional Food Systems.
- Department of Fisheries and Wildlife.
- Department of Forestry.
- Native American Institute.
- School of Planning, Design and Construction.
Green badge awards went to:
- Department of Community Sustainability.
- Department of Entomology.
- Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition.
- Great Lakes Leadership Academy.
- Kellogg Biological Station.
- Department of Plant, Soil and Microbial Sciences.
- School of Packaging.
The 2019-2020 DEI Badges are available for use by units and departments beginning in May 2021.
The next DEI Badges will be given in spring 2022 for DEI activities during the 2020-2021 academic year.